Are you looking for the best caching plugins for your WordPress site?
You can speed up your WordPress site using different methods. Here we are concerned with cache plugins that help you speed up your WordPress site, user experience, SEO, boost performance, and much more.
This article will show you the best WordPress Caching Plugins for your site. So, without much ado, let’s get started.
Table of Content
- What is Caching?
- 9 Best WordPress Caching Plugins
- 1. WP Rocket
- 2. WP Fastest cache
- 3. LiteSpeed Cache
- 4. WP-Optimize
- 5. W3 Total Cache
- 6. WP Super Cache
- 7. Hummingbird
- 8. Comet Cache
- 9. Borlabs Cache
- Conclusion: Which WordPress Cache Plugin is best for You?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Caching?
Caching saves and stores static copies of your WordPress site’s files in a temporary storage location. It has all temporarily stored data that can be accessed quickly upon request. This enables visitors to browse more quickly.
Caching is a useful plugin that helps reduce the Time to First Byte (TTFB). It improves your overall website performance.
Note: The Time to First Byte (TTFB) measures the time between the browser sending a request to the server for a resource and receiving its first byte of data.
Best WordPress Caching Plugins
There are several WordPress caching plugins, but we’ve listed 9 that are the best for boosting the speed of your WordPress website.
1. WP Rocket
Your site speed matters. You’ll need something to improve it. So site speed plugin can help you with this one. WP Rocket is the best option for improving your site speed.
WP Rocket is a cache plugin that helps you speed up the loading of your WordPress pages. But this plugin has only a paid version and is the best option for those having a large traffic volume.
Note: W3 Total Cache offers the same functionality for free. It improves your SEO, overall user experience, and more. It lets you increase website performance and reduces load times.
- It has a file optimization feature that appropriately manages files on your website. So they can be loaded more quickly.
- This plugin has page caching, browser caching, and Gzip compression.
- WP Rocket has complete integration with Cloudflare.
It’s a premium plugin that offers product updates and support for one site at $49.00 per year.
WP Fastest cache is one of the best WordPress cache plugins. It’s a freemium plugin. You can enjoy many advanced cache features in the free version, including site admins can delete all cached files, minified CSS and JS files, and more.
- This plugin automatically deletes cache files when a post/page is published.
- It lets the admin delete all cached files and minified CSS from the options page.
- It has a cache timeout feature that deletes cached files at the set time. You can set cache timeout for specific pages.
- WP Fastest Cach supports SSL, CDN, and Cloudflare.
This is a freemium plugin. The premium version is available for $49.99 for 1 license per year.
Although LiteSpeed Cache is free, you must use the LiteSpeed Web Server for built-in page cache features.
- It has an image optimization feature.
- This plugin combines CSS/JS and helps automatically generate Critical CSS.
- LiteSpeed Cache caters to lazy-load images/iframes.
This plugin is available for free.
This is an all-in-one solution for web optimization. It helps you to clean your database and compress your images. This plugin is the best for making your site even faster.
- WP-Optimize free version only lets you optimize all tables at once. Once you upgrade to the premium version, you can select individual tables to run optimizations on.
- This plugin helps you with freeing up space by getting rid of images you no longer use.
- The WP-Optimize premium version supports multisite.
This is a freemium plugin. The premium version is available for $49 for 1-2 site licenses per year.
Next, we have W3 Total Cache in our WordPress cache plugins list. It is famous for having compatibility with hosting plans, including shared, VPS, and dedicated server hosting.
- This is compatible with shared hosting and dedicated servers and clusters.
- It offers CDN management with Media Library, theme files, and more.
- This plugin supports AMP and SSL/TLS.
This plugin is available for free.
WP Super Cache is a completely free plugin with 4.5-star- ratings and over 2 million active installations. It doesn’t have any paid version or Add-Ons. All you need to do is to install, activate, and use it on as many websites as you want for zero cost.
This plugin has many caching features, including gzip compression, page cache, cache pre-loading, CDN support, and advanced cache preload. These all are important for speeding up your website.
- It copies each page on your site as a static HTML file.
- This plugin excludes specific content from being cached.
- It is integrated with a CDN.
- It enables cache preloading functionality.
- It adds browser caching.
This plugin is available for free.
Hummingbird is another WordPress cache plugin that makes your website faster and optimizes site performance. It adds new ways to boost Google PageSpeed Insights with fine-tuned controls over file compression, Lazy Load integration, and much more.
- This plugin has a scan and fixes feature that helps you know what’s slowing down your site.
- It shares pro tips for running your site at super speed.
- It monitors and optimizes response time.
- It helps you set your preferred performance settings, save them as config, and instantly upload them to any other site.
This is a freemium plugin. The premium version is free for 7 days, and then it starts charging $7.50 per month.
8. Comet Cache
Comet Cache is a freemium plugin for caching your WordPress posts, pages, RSS feeds, XML sitemaps, and more. This is a beginner-friendly option for users who aren’t familiar with caching.
You can enjoy many other wonderful features with the Comet Cache premium version, including speed, simplicity, and reliability. You do not need coding skills to get started with this plugin.
- It can automatically set an automatic expiration time for cache files.
- Comet Cache can cache logged-in users.
- It caches tags, categories, archives, and more.
- It enables you to experiment with new themes and other plugins and go for configuration changes.
This is a freemium plugin. The premium version is available for $39 per year.
Borlabs Cache is an easy-to-use and powerful best WordPress caching plugin. It helps you deliver your pages in milliseconds, improves your ranking, and more. It has features like
Borlabs Cache also offers cache presets. It lets you have different cache settings for every site in your WordPress multisite installation.
- It helps you improve the lazy load of images.
- Borlabs has a WordPress head cleaner for emojis, feeds, Meta-Generator, and more.
- This plugin has a header management feature for Cache-Control, Etag, Last-Modified, and more.
Borlabs Caches offers a personal package for free. You can upgrade to the commercial package for 1 site at $29 per year.
Conclusion: Which WordPress Cache Plugin is best for You?
A Cache plugin is a must-have WordPress plugin. It boosts site performance and increases user satisfaction. We have shared a list of 9 WordPress caching pluginsc plugins above to create a fast website without touching a single line of code.
However, if you need to state a plugin as the best, that wouldn’t be justice. Every plugin is unique in a certain way since every plugin has unique features. The best plugin in this list would be the one that suits your purpose.
That’s all we have discussed the best WordPress Cache plugins! What’s your preferred one? Let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does a WordPress site need a cache plugin?
Every site needs a WordPress cache plugin, which plays an important role in solving problems. The cache plugins speed up your site, improve SEO, reduce server expenses, and more.
How Does Loading Time Affect Your Site?
The loading time affects your site this is why having better loading speeds is good for your website in terms of improved SEO, better user experience, decreasing bounce rate, and more.
That’s all! We hope you will now get the list of the best WordPress Caching Plugins, and You can also check out Top Best WordPress Migration Plugins For Your WordPress Website and Best RSS Feed Plugins for You WordPress Site