Do you want the best Migration Plugin for your WordPress site?
Starting a brand new WordPress site is super fast and easy. But what if you want to migrate the hosting of the existing WordPress site to a new one? It’s difficult since you can move it without hurting the database, files, plugins, theme, and SEO rankings.
To ensure everything goes smoothly, you will require a WordPress migration plugin to manage the transfer quickly.
This article will show you the best WordPress Migration Plugins for your site. So, without much ado, let’s get started.
Table of Content
- What is a Migration Plugin?
- How to Choose the Best WordPress Migration Plugins?
- Best WordPress Migration Plugins
- 1. All-in-One WP Migration
- 2. UpdraftPlus
- 3. Duplicator
- 4. Migrate Guru
- 5. WP Migrate Lite
- 6. BackupBuddy
- 7. Backup Guard
- 8. BlogVault
- 9. Backup and Restore WordPress
- Conclusion: Which WordPress Migration Plugin is Best for You?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Migration Plugin?
The WordPress Migration plugins help you move your WordPress install from one server/hosting to another without hurting the site’s functionality, such as database, files, plugins, theme, and SEO rankings.
Several reasons you would want to migrate your site include:
- To move your site to a better hosting provider.
- To push a local WordPress site to a live server.
- Or to move a site from a subdomain to the main directory.
Nobody wants to lose all their hard work, so it’s best not to move your site without seeking help from a dedicated WordPress migration plugin.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Migration Plugins?
You should look for the following aspect before really choosing a Migration plugin.
- Plugin Ratings and Reviews: First, look at the ratings and reviews of the plugin.
- Customer Support: It’s better to check the quality of support the developers provide.
- Update Frequency: The plugin should be supported and keeps up with WordPress releases.
You should check the updates of the plugin.
- Make sure it has desired functionality: Ensure the plugin you use provides what you want.
For example, when choosing a migration plugin, ensure it has functionality from the database and theme migration to WordPress file transfer.
Best WordPress Migration Plugins
We’ve listed 9 free and paid solutions for migrating WordPress sites. Look at the features and pricing of 9 of the best WordPress migration services available.
1. All-in-One WP Migration
All-in-One WP Migration is one of the best WordPress plugins with an impressive following. It has over 5 million active installations and excellent ratings.
All-in-One WP Migration provides a drag-and-drop interface for uploading your site to a new location. The plugin’s striking point is that it is built for non-technical users. They can easily migrate their WordPress website without technical knowledge or experience.
- The All-in-One WP Migration plugin supports custom uploads, plugins, theme folders, and more.
- It is compatible with over 50 languages, including Japanese.
- It has no limitations on the host or operating system. This plugin supports a vast range of hosting providers.
- It automatically replaces the website URL during import.
This plugin is available for free. You can go for the unlimited extension at $69 for a lifetime license.
You might lose all your hard work if you mistakenly crack your website during migration. To avoid this, make sure your migration plugin has the backup option. It helps you leave your original website intact and untouched.
UpdraftPlus is among the best WordPress backups and restoration plugins, with a huge fan base. It makes a copy of your site and makes that copy available for you to upload to your new location in a couple of clicks.
- UpdraftPlus can back up everything on the website in a single archive.
- The plugin offers several options for storing website backups, including on-site, cloud, and private storage platforms.
- You can import backup archive stores at external locations.
- All events are logged in, and you get detailed reports in the WordPress dashboard.
The basic version of UpdraftPlus is free. The premium plans start at $70 per year.
Duplicator is the most powerful WordPress migrator plugin. With zero downtime, it lets you move, migrate, or clone a WordPress site between domains and hosts. You can uplift Duplicato’s functionality by using the premium Duplicator Pro.
During the process, Duplicator generates a single “package” that you can use to move the website to another host or restore it on the current server. Like other best WordPress backup plugins, you can send the zip archive to Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- This plugin is multi-threaded to support larger websites and databases.
- Duplicator Pro has cloud storage on Google Drive, Amazon S3, and more.
- You can set up email notifications.
- This plugin is compatible with multisite migrations.
This is a freemium plugin. The premium version is available for $69 per year.
4. Migrate Guru
Migrate Guru is one of the fastest ways to migrate WordPress sites. This plugin has over 70,000 active installations and excellent ratings. It simplifies difficult WordPress migrations, including multisite networks, 200 GB sites, and more.
This plugin uses intelligent processes on its own servers. So there is zero percent risk of crashing your sites. It lets you clone your WordPress site without any manual work, add-ons, or using any additional tools.
- It has a minimal chance of the site crashing as migration is completely done from Migrate Guru server.
- This plugin lets you clone a 1GB site in under 30 minutes.
- It sends alerts when migration takes place. It helps you timely get to know if something goes wrong. You can also track installation time.
- You can use this plugin for moving a full multisite network.
This plugin is available for free.
5. WP Migrate Lite
The WP Migrate Lite is a free WordPress migration plugin designed to move WordPress databases from one install to another. MP Migrate Pro replaces file paths and URLs and manages serialized data. You get an SQL file on your computer when you migrate your site.
You can uplift Duplicato’s functionality by using the premium WP Migrate Pro. When upgraded to WP Migrate Pro, you can pull databases and sync media between two sites. The premium plugin helps you migrate from a multisite network to a single site.
- It has an option for pausing and canceling migrations.
- WP Migrate lets you migrate from a multisite network to a single site.
- WP Migrate Pro enables you to pull or push databases.
- This plugin lets you sync full media libraries between two websites.
This is a freemium plugin. The premium version is available for $49 per year.
BackupBuddy is another popular WordPress backup plugin with a reputation for being beginner-friendly. BackupBuddy offers several exciting features, such as database rollback. This feature helps you recover posts, pages, and comments removed permanently from the website.
The restoration process is straightforward. Opt for the most recent backup point or import a backup archive. Either way, your website is restored in minutes.
- BackupBuddy can send email notifications for all critical backup and restore events.
- The plugin can backup settings, categories, tags, and custom post types for a comprehensive restoration.
- You can back up and restore individual WordPress core files to get your website back online in minutes.
- The restore and backup processes can be initiated from the WordPress Dashboard.
- You can import backup archives from external sources to restore the website contents.
The BackupBuddy backup plugin starts at $80 per year for a single site license.
7. Backup Guard
Backup Guard WordPress plugin is both a free and paid plugin. You can back up your files or restore sites with the free plugin.
You’ll need to buy the premium version if you want to use Backup Guard as a migration plugin.
Backup Guard premium restores your WordPress website in any other WordPress installation, domain, or server.
- This plugin enables migrations, security, backups, and restores.
- It is compatible with multisite networks.
- It has an email notification feature. You’ll get email notifications when backup or migration is completed.
This is a freemium plugin. The premium version is available for $25 per year.
You can choose both full and incremental website backups, with complete control over the frequency of the backups. This allows you to finetune the backup process. In addition, the incremental backup ensures that all important data is saved without slowing down the website or consuming too many website resources.
BlogVault has a comprehensive dashboard where you can see backup and restore history and options for backing up and restoring website content.
- BlogVault is GDPR-ready and is a great website option for websites that require GDPR compliance.
- You get incremental backups and differential restores for smooth and quick recovery.
- Support for multi-site networks.
- You can execute full site recovery for offline websites.
- BlogVault also helps you with website migration.
The plans start from $89 per year.
9. Backup and Restore WordPress
Backup and Restore WordPress is one of WordPress backup plugins that protect your website against hackers, malware, even your own mistakes, and more. It creates a backup for everything, including settings, posts, comments, revisions, plugins, themes, and media files, and uploads with just a single click.
You’ll need to buy the premium version if you want to use Backup Plugin as a migration plugin.
- This plugin offers unlimited backups.
- Backup Guard works in low memory and shared hosting environments.
- It works on all WordPress platforms, including Linux, Windows, and Azure.
- It is a Complete backup, including database, plugins, themes, uploads, media files, and everything.
This is a freemium plugin. The premium plugin is available at $79 per year.
Conclusion: Which WordPress Migration Plugin is Best for You?
We hope this article helped you find the best WordPress migration plugin for your website. All the above-listed plugins are best for migrating your WordPress site. However, if you need to state a plugin as the best, that wouldn’t be justice. Every plugin is unique in a certain way since every plugin has unique features. The best plugin in this list would be the one that suits your purpose.
That’s all we have discussed the best WordPress migration plugins! What’s your preferred one? Let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I migrate a website?
You can easily migrate your site with a migration plugin. It is risk-free.
What is website downtime?
The “downtime” is when a website/web service isn’t available online or functioning well enough for the users to complete a task.
That’s all! We hope you will now get the list of the Best WordPress Migration Plugins, You can also check out the Best WordPress Coming Soon Plugins and Best Social Media Plugins for WordPress
Leave a Reply