Are you looking for the best WordPress text editor plugin for your site?
The default WordPress text is plain. However, you can easily customize it using a theme with a Google Fonts integration, built-in post and page editor settings, a page builder, and more.
The good news is that you can quickly uplift your WordPress site text using a text editor plugin. It’s intuitive, easy to use, and quickly completes the job without writing a single line of code.
In this article, we’ll show you a list of the best WordPress text editor plugins for your site. So, make sure you read this article till the end.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is a Text Editor Plugin?
The default WordPress text editor lacks functionalities, i.e., styling, colors, formats, etc. WordPress text editor plugins come forth to nicely fill in the gap. These plugins easily manage the editor’s toolbar and add some new features.
WordPress text editor plugins let you manage buttons in the toolbar, i.e., hiding the unwanted buttons or arranging them in a custom sequence. Furthermore, you can embed Youtube videos on your site.
You can enter rich text, images, and even WordPress shortcodes. Moreover, you can add more styling options to change settings, including font weight, line height, letter spacing, alignment, and more.
List of the Best Text Editor WordPress plugin
Now, you know what a text editor WordPress plugin is. Let’s have a look and examine the best 5 plugins to help you pick the best option for your site.
Classic Editor is one of your site’s best open-source text editor WordPress plugins with over 5 million active installations. This plugin works similarly to the Ultimate Blocks plugin. With this plugin, admins can select the default editor for all users, and users can change their default editor.
This plugin has many filters that other plugins can use, such as the WYSIWYG editor and text editor widget, and the editor choice per post and post type. This plugin default hides all functionality in the new block editor (“Gutenberg”).
- Classic Editor allows the admins to select the default editor for all users.
- An admin can allow users to change their default editor.
- This plugin allows users to choose which editor to use for each post when allowed.
- This plugin lets you edit data.
Elementor is one of the best WordPress website-building plugins for your site. Elementor offers a simple drag-and-drop feature that lets you easily and quickly customize your page without touching a single line of code. You can choose designs from built-in templates.
This plugin has over 300 built-in blocks to add to your page within a single click, including testimonial blocks, service blocks, call-to-action buttons, and more. The striking feature of Elementor is that it is fully compatible with pages, posts, and even custom post types.
- Elementor lets you create hover effects, headline effects, gradient backgrounds, CSS, coming soon mode, and much more.
- This plugin offers a WYSIWYG text editor that works similarly to the WordPress editor.
- This plugin lets you adjust your WordPress site to look perfect on every screen and design for up to 7 devices, including desktop, mobile, tablet, and more.
- It covers over 40 widgets and helps you present stats and numbers.
Black Studio TinyMCE Widget is another good option for your WordPress site. This plugin lets you add a new Visual Editor widget to your site. This type enables you to easily add rich text and media objects to your sidebars in no time.
With Black Studio TinyMCE Widget, you can edit your widgets in a WYSIWYG manner. It uses the native WordPress TinyMCE editor, just like you do in posts and pages. This plugin supports shortcodes, smilies, block-based Widgets Editor, and more.
- Black Studio TinyMCE Widget helps you easily add rich text widgets to your sidebars. You can also edit them.
- This plugin allows you to switch between Visual mode and HTML mode.
- You can easily add media files, i.e., images or videos, from WordPress Media Library.
- This plugin lets you add links to existing WordPress pages/posts or external resources
Ultimate Blocks is a Gutenberg plugin. This plugin can add more blocks to your recent Gutenberg editor. Moreover, you can add a table of contents and content filter, review box, buttons, testimonials, countdown timer, etc., to your WordPress posts and pages.
Next, we have Ultimate Blocks WordPress plugin. This plugin offers 20 additional blogging and content-related settings to add to the Gutenberg editor. You can easily make your content look so good is now easy. You don’t need to hire an expert or developer.
- Ultimate Blocks work with all themes if you enable the Gutenberg editor.
- This plugin lets you customize the color and looks of your block to make it perfectly match your content design.
- You can easily add a feature box, notification box, number box, image slider, content filter, etc.
- The plugin helps you edit the text without touching a single HTML or CSS code line.
Brizy is one of the best editing options for your WordPress text. This plugin offers a fantastic drag-and-drop feature for your site to make your text look precisely how you want it to appear. The fact about this plugin is that everything is done without writing a single line of code.
This plugin has premade blocks. You can also go for adding colors, i.e., Light or Dark. On top of prominent features like a full-fledged site builder and beautiful templates. Brizy also includes many other functionalities that can add high costs when purchased individually, i.e., membership, cloud hosting, global CDN, landing page builder, and more.
- Brizy has a drag-drop-drop feature to place desired text anywhere.
- This plugin lets you edit all the text.
- You can easily change colors, fonts, and alignments of your text.
- You can easily add buttons to your pages, customize their text, and insert icons, i.e., Play icons.
The core plugin is Free. You can buy the premium version at $49 per year.
Conclusion: What is the best WordPress Text Editor Plugin for your website?
WordPress live streaming plugins help you go for live streams to clear visitors doubts who tend to visit your site to receive your services. There are many options available for WordPress live streaming plugins in the market, and it’s better to need clarification about finding the right one for your site.
In this article, we shared some of the best WordPress Text Editor plugins for you to get your hands on. These plugins have unique features and are well-designed. Read carefully about what features these plugins provide and decide on your own which best suits you.
You can also check our detailed articles on the 7 Best WordPress Membership Plugins (Free and Paid) and 7 Best WordPress Job Board Plugins (Free and Paid).
Frequently Asked Questions
Does WordPress have a text editor?
WordPress has a default text editor, also known as the HTML editor. It consists of the HTML code of a post and page. You can write custom codes to bring the changes.
How do I enable a text editor in WordPress?
You can easily enable the Gutenberg text editor in WordPress. Simply click the three dots option available at the top right corner of the screen > Code editor > Text tab (in case you use the WordPress Classic editor) at the toolbar to open the text editor.